Using baking soda (dissolved in water) directly on your clothes or in your washing machine will help to:
Looking for a powerful multipurpose cleaner? Just dissolve some baking soda in water and you got it! Use it as a spray or simply put some baking soda on a cloth or sponge:
- To clean jewelry, silver, and metal accessories, and to polish chrome items.
- To disinfect toilets and bathroom floors, and to get rid of mold on shower curtains.
- To unclog pipes.
- To remove stains on wood furniture.
- To clean glassware and crystals and make them shiny.
- To remove crayon stains, ink, and permanent marker stains.
- To clean a soot-stained brick fireplace.
- To clean grill grates.
- To make your sports shoes newly white again.
- To clean a stained soleplate of an iron.
- To wash and protect wicker furniture.
- To wash stuffed toys.
- To remove rust from metal tools.
4. Excellent for removing odors
Baking soda is also a powerful odor neutralizer. Use the powder on a piece of damp cloth or just leave it in the cup. This way it will:
- Deodorize your shoes.
- Get smells off your hands.
- Remove odors from refrigerators and microwaves.
- Eliminate bad smells from garbage cans.
- Get rid of cat and dog urine odors.
- Remove smells from mattresses.
- Prevent odors in suitcases.
- Deodorize your car.
5. An essential ingredient for cooking
Baking soda is probably a regular in your kitchen. If so, then you know it really is a great ingredient that can be used:
6. Effective for curing some ailments
You can use baking soda to deal with some common ailments. Dissolve it in water and use as warm compresses or for gargling. The solution will help:
- Treat indigestion (sodium bicarbonate is an effective antacid).
- Remove gases caused by the consumption of vegetables.
- Reduce irritation caused by poison ivy or a jellyfish sting.
- Soothe itching and irritation caused by chickenpox.
- Alleviate the pain of tonsillitis and speed up the recovery process.
- Clear a stuffy nose.
- Relieve joint pain in your body.
- Soothe a burned tongue.
- Treat canker sores in your mouth.
7. The best dental care product
For dental care, baking soda is used as an application or for gargling. It will help:
- Remove stains, and prevent tartar and dental plaque.
- Get rid of bad breath.
- Combat gingivitis.
- Treat cold sores and cracked corners of the mouth.
- Clean teeth and oral appliances and dental prosthesis.
8. Your skin and hair’s best friend
Baking soda is your loyal friend when it comes to skin and hair care. You can use it:
- To prevent skin irritation after shaving.
- To combat pimples and blackheads. Baking soda can also be used as a facial and body scrub.
- To remove toxins and other debris from your skin.
- To wash your hair without shampoo.
- To prevent dandruff.
- To keep cuticles soft.
- To whiten dark underarms.
- To soften elbow and knee skin.
9. Other surprising uses for baking soda
There are more amazing uses for baking soda you probably never heard about, such as:
- In case of emergency, baking soda can be used as a fire extinguisher.
- Baking soda is also used as a natural fungicide and homemade insecticide.
- To get rid of ants, make all-natural ant killer spray using baking soda and powdered sugar.
- Baking soda will help you keep cockroaches out of your home.
- Sodium bicarbonate is also used for controlling garden pests.
- Use baking soda to eliminate weeds in your lawn.